My client is a growing fast-paced medical device start-up based out of Bedford, MA.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small and nimble software development team, working on the development and commercialization of state-of-the-art medical imaging devices. We are seeking a talented and creative engineer who wants to make a bigger impact on society through healthcare. If you join our team, you will work alongside experts in multiple scientific and engineering disciplines to design, develop, and commercialize systems software for our imaging platform. The qualified candidate will collaborate with a cross-functional team, including marketing, to define and implement various feature enhancements to our medical imaging platform. This role will also be responsible for contributing to all aspects of software and user interface development for new products, working closely with hardware designers and systems engineers to develop novel medical imaging systems.
- 7+ years of relevant system level software design, development, and software/hardware integration experience. Experience with image acquisition, processing, and display is a plus.
- Proficient with C++. Experience with Qt based cross-platform software development is preferred.
- Proficient in multi-threaded programming
- Proficient with object oriented design and programming
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Expert software debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new technologies and how to leverage them to achieve development
objectives and solve design problems
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems and requests in a proactive and timely manner
- Must be able to gather, analyze and exchange information skillfully
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to take initiative on projects
- Proven ability to work as a part of a multi-functional organization
- Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Willingness to interact and support our field personnel as required
- Strong fit with our Core Values
- Minimal travel as necessary
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science, Software, Electrical, Biomedical or Computer Engineering.
If interested and more importantly qualified, please send updated resume with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted immediately.
This position can pay a very competitive base salary plus bonus and excellent comprehensive benefits package.