My client is a highly successful global medical technology company and growing. They are located NW of Boston, MA. You would join a small team as the senior resource reporting to the IT Director and wear many hats. They are looking for a local candidate and you must be able to work in the USA without restrictions.
In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of all Information Technology systems. Manage the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network/VoIP and mobile devices, etc. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software to ensure maximum availability and optimal computing and equipment performance. This position will also be responsible for proposing and implementing system and process enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
There may be occasional travel required .
- Install, maintain and support wide-area and local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as servers, system software, software applications, routers, switches, access-points, VoIP, modems, and cabling.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environment, directories, and security.
- Provide L2/L3 support to end-users. Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Assist in the development and management of policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, backup and disaster recovery.
- Communicate standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Communicate with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Collect and analyze network and server utilization and security.
- Work with Internet Service Providers and various hardware/software vendors to manage and troubleshoot server, network or application issues.
- Keep abreast of emerging Infrastructure/Systems technologies and trends and identify opportunities to leverage them to drive innovation and ensure security.
- Available on-call and after hours to monitor and respond to alerts, working with users and management to coordinate downtime for scheduled maintenance
- Manage daily and yearly infrastructure projects as assigned.
- Contribute to the infrastructure operation and strategic planning.
- Provide high quality customer service throughout every interaction.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to plan ahead, organize ideas, focus on quality, communicate clearly, solve problems methodically, and pay close attention to detail. The following knowledge and/or experience are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or higher in information technology or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT Systems Administration experience, preferably in publicly traded, medical device or pharmaceutical companies. Evidence of innovative thinking and high energy is required.
- A+ and Network+ or equivalent experience required.
- MCSA/MCSE certification is desired. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012 installation and administration
- Network concepts such as the TCP/IP stack, network design and troubleshooting, network security, switch and router configuration, network cabling, and secure remote access protocols
- Telecommunications concepts such as VoIP, PRI, T1, MPLS, and CoS (Shoretel experience preferred)
- Data center concepts such as rack and cabinet management, cable management, hardware installation, environmental control, and power protection
- Shared storage concepts such as NAS/NFS, SAN/iSCSI, and RAID
- Virtualization concepts such as virtual hardware, resource pooling, and the virtual machine lifecycle (VMware experience preferred)
- Microsoft Active Directory concepts including user and group management, OU design, file permissions, user rights management, and Group Policy
- Microsoft Office 365/Exchange management administration experience and security required
- Working knowledge of backup system design and management (Veeam experience preferred)
- Microsoft SharePoint concepts such as libraries, lists, sites, workspaces, workflows, and ability to form libraries as well as management of security, performance, and governance
- Microsoft SQL Server concepts such as database management, backup and recovery, security, and performance tuning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to create presentations, project plans, tables, charts, and graphs
- Working knowledge of cGMP, SOX 404 and FDA CFR Part 11 Compliance
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- High level of flexibility, with strong abilities in time management and prioritization
- Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
This position can pay a very competitive base plus bonus, stock and benefits.
If interested and more importantly if you feel/are qualified, please send your updated resume with contact info to email@example.com and you will be contacted immediately.