My client is a well established and growing financial services company based in the greater Boston, MA area.
Keys to this position
Java stack: Core Java, multi-threading, Spring, Web Services
Strong communication skills are required.
- Work with development team to deliver solutions for improving the investment workflow.
- Interact with Systems Analysts and Investment professionals at all levels of the organization to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to improve the investment process.
- Provide implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) interactive data, investment process efficiency, and simplifying investor work flow.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer supporting complex application development life cycles.
- Strong understanding of REST web services and web sockets
- Excellent command of Java technologies including standard java frameworks and libraries including Spring, JAXB, Jersey, Jackson, Apache Commons, etc.
- Solid high-level understanding of current technology landscape including the current players in UI, mobile, the cloud, databases, big data, caching, and security
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL performance tuning preferred. Direct experience with Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a strong plus
- Must be comfortable with test driven development, continuous integration, and agile development methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, sciences, or related field.
- Experience in Financial Industry is preferred
Strong understanding of Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivative Instruments is desirable.
This position can pay a very competitive base salary plus substantial bonus and profit sharing bonus and benefits.
If interested and more importantly qualified, please send your updated resume with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will contact you immediately.
My client will sponsor your H1B Visa or transfer.
Relocation is available for qualified candidates.