Unfortunately Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this role-This is a perm position.
My client is seeking an individual with deep expertise in 24×7 Oracle database operations and administration. Strong tuning skills are a critical requirement for this role.
DBA must possess demonstrated knowledge in Oracle/Unix environments. Performs ongoing database administration tasks including database reorgs, routine maintenance, performance tuning, software installation, database migrations, and backup/recovery. Will be responsible for developing and documenting standards and procedures. Should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Should have experience modifying SQL and PL/SQL, creating/modifying procedures, triggers, etc. Should be able to modify/create shell scripts. Strong knowledge of backup/recovery processes is a must. Good communication and project management skills are essential. Extensive experience resolving moderate to complex database performance issues, database capacity issues, replications, and other distributed data issues.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and support 100+ Oracle production databases, as well as standby’s and development copies
- Provide response for all database issues. This position includes a rotating on-call 24 x 7 schedule responding to critical events and situations outside normal work hours.
- Strong scripting skills in any UNIX shell, Perl with the ability to provide requirements for task automation, resource monitoring and performance monitoring.
- Document all database system components
- Develop, manage and execute controls in support of SAS70, Sarbannes Oxley compliance, including disaster recovery tests per our SAS 70 and SOX policies
- Provide metrics to various internal and external customers to accurately measure the health of the databases.
- Advanced level knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL skills and the ability to maintain complex stored procedures and web applications.
- Monitor database activity and file usage, and ensure necessary resources are present.
- Implement and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Monitor security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats; install necessary security patches to ensure ongoing database security.
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the availability, security and integrity of the Oracle databases.
- Perform complex root cause Analysis of problems and subsequently, make and implement recommendations to prevent future occurrences or customer impact.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Superior Oracle technical skills, including Oracle 12c, ASM, DataGuard, OEM and RMAN Experience
- Strong SQL programming, PL/SQL, and perl scripting skills
- Strong Linux skills
- Oracle Performance Tuning experience required
- Database security/encryption experience is preferable
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Ability to automate tasks and procedures as needed with any modern technology
If interested and more importantly qualified, send updated resume with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted immediately.