This is a permanent position. Highly successful and growing financial services company in Boston is seeking the following.
Keys to the Position
- We are seeking a strong back and middle office Operations background that is focused on OTC Derivatives.
- Knowledge of Trade Communication, Settlements, Equities and Swaps are a plus.
- Sources: Sell side or Dealer shops (i.e. JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs), Hedge Funds, other Asset Managers (i.e. Bain, GMO, SSGA).
As part of the Derivatives Data group, the Derivatives Analyst position will be primarily responsible for supporting the OTC settlement and post-execution lifecycle event process for all OTC derivative products. This will encompass exception based management of the trade capture workflow, lifecycle event processing, multiple daily reconciliations, and new product implementation for all OTC derivative activity across a suite of applications. The Derivatives Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies within the aforementioned tasks through workflow and technology. The Derivatives Analyst will work daily with our Brokers and Trading and Technology teams internally to ensure timely trade capture in multiple internal systems, processing of lifecycle events (rate resets, account openings, etc.) and resolution of reconciliation issues. The Derivative Analyst position will also work closely with our outsource partner, State Street IMS West.
- Take a lead role in analyzing and implementing data requirements needed to support complex derivatives in Calypso and other enterprise technology
- Daily reconciliation of OTC trade attributes between Calypso and multiple internal (Security Master File, Geneva, and trading platforms) and external (dealer portals, trade file exchanges, etc.) applications
- Management of outstanding trade and reconciliation breaks
- Daily review of OTC trade communication to ensure that new trades and amendments are captured properly and subsequently communicated to State Street IMS West
- Initiating new account on-boarding with both internal and external partners
- Serve as an escalation point for resolution of trade communication and settlements queries raised by dealers, State Street IMS West, and client agents
- Serve as a resource for internal teams handling OTC derivative-related queries and audit requests from clients and their agents
- Processing exceptional events that impact OTC derivatives positions, including credit events, corporate actions, and client transitions
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement
- Actively participating in industry working group
The ideal candidate is highly knowledgeable of OTC derivatives across asset classes (Rates, Credits, Equity and Commodity) with a focus on Equity OTC. An ideal candidate would have a derivative middle office background, be intimately familiar with the OTC life-cycle process, and have a working understanding of the operational impact of pending regulatory change. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of derivatives experience. An MBA or CFA, or progress towards either is a plus. This position requires independent judgment and decision making. The individual must be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. While the Derivative Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, most projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures.
This position can pay a competitive base salary plus bonuses and excellent benefits
If interested, and more importantly qualified, please send your updated resume with contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted immediately.
My client will relocate the right candidate and will also transfer an existing H1B Visa to eventual Green Card if needed/wanted.