My client is growing and has the following need. This is a perm position that is located in Marlborough, MA and travel to their Boston facility 1-2 times a week is necessary.
Keys to this Position
- Technical Leadership: We are seeking a strong Software Engineering Lead,
who can lead a development team of permanent employees and consultants with an onshore/offshore model.)
- Technology: This individual will lead a team but will also be hands-on with development and/or problem resolution in a variety of technical areas – SQL, Java and AWS.
- Strong Communication skills are required.
- Domain: Ideally we would like to have candidate with Financial Industry experience. We are open to all candidates regardless of their domain experience but they must be able to articulate the business problems they were working on.
- Delivery: Candidate must show the ability to deliver application solutions to their respective business client.
- Marlborough/Boston : Candidate will be expected to travel to Boston 1-2 times per week.
Lead the development team activities including prioritizing requests, designing solutions, and supervising the development efforts.
Participate in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support.
Work with business team, project managers, and systems analysts to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
Design, prototype and code new software components and applications based on functional specifications.
Coordinate with analyst teams to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance, and implement new systems.
Work with other software engineers to design and implement application features, including user interfaces, and business functionality enhancements.
Author technical design and support documentation.
A candidate must possess the following qualifications:
8+ years of proven analysis and technical design, development, and architecture experience.
2+ years leading technical teams including managing an offshore development team.
Experience in relational database technologies with strong SQL skills. Familiarity with ETL Tools like Talend is a plus.
Expertise developing Java applications using JDBC and JMS. Java Web-Framework experience e.g. SPRING or similar.
Experience/Familiarity with AWS is a plus.
Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing and methodologies.
This position can pay a very competitive base salary plus substantial bonus and a 15% profit sharing bonus.
If interested and more importantly qualified, please send your updated resume with contact info to email@example.com and you will be contacted immediately.